Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers - Final Three




Well, I have made my decision, and have made the disc to send in for the competition. Only one is truly specific to the Toowoomba area, and that is the third photo, of the memorial from the Botanical Gardens in Queens Park. I had two options, and chose the one that showed the whole memorial.
The second photo was taken at Laurel Bank Park, shot into the sun which is what gives it the sparkly effect. The top photo is of the bottlebrushes in the front of my house, which have just come into bloom. Yes, I know its still technically Winter here, but you wouldn't know it from the temperatures we've had recently. Sunday and Monday were disgustingly hot at 30C - down in the Lockyer Valley, where my mother lives, and it was a good 3-4 degrees above that! For those who better understand Farenheit, that's 86F - 92F during what is supposed to be Winter! Today is a lot cooler, but still, not Winter temperatures. sigh... On the upside, I have seen some lovely flowers all month.
So, these are my choices. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Good choices! The bottle brush is just gorgeous and I am glad to see that one with all the shafts of light made the cut!

    ReplyDelete